A cab road ran up on arches to the first floor level for the hotel circulating area and platforms from ground level.
St enoch station roof.
Shows life in and around the former buchanan and st.
The st enoch s station hotel was built in 1880 closed in 1966 and demolished in.
Now the site of the st enoch centre.
When it closed in 1876 at the opening of st enoch its roof was dismantled and re erected at the company s fairlie terminus fairlie pier station.
The original six platforms were covered by an arched roof measuring 83ft high 204ft wide and 525ft long modelled on st pancras station in london such was the success of the station that extra platforms and a second roof 70ft.
Buchanan street and st.
Category on line digital images.
The main roof had a span of 205ft 62 5m and a length of 525ft 160 1m and is of wrought iron covering six platforms.
Further unsuccessful attempts were made in 1872 3 to amalgamate the g sw with the midland while the settle and carlisle rly the link between the two companies systems was under.
Enoch s railway stations and st.
It was opened in 1876 and six.
St enoch hotel the station frontage onto st enoch square was built by the railway company.
Enoch centre is a shopping mall located in the city centre of glasgow scotland the centre is located adjacent to st enoch square the architects were the gmw architects the construction undertaken by sir robert mcalpine began in 1986 and the building was opened to the public on 25 may 1989.
Enoch s railway stations during the 1960s.
St enoch station was a mainline railway station in the city of glasgow scotland between 1876 and 1966.
The station was demolished in 1977.
The hotel was the first building in glasgow to be fitted out with.
It was demolished in 1977.
Copy of gw 2585.
It became their head quarters.
It was closed in 1966 and finally demolished in 1976.
Scope and content detail of ironwork on roof cope of south train shed at st enoch station glasgow st enoch was the principal terminus of the glasgow and south western railway company.
Of derby and london.
A view of the splendid roof at glasgow s st.
St enoch station was a mainline railway station in the city of glasgow scotland between 1876 and 1966.
The hotel was the first building in glasgow to be fitted out with electric lighting.
This hotel was six storeys high with an attic.
It was officially opened by the then prime minister margaret thatcher in february of the.
The roof of the former st enoch railway station was made in derby by andrew handyside.
The arch ribs bare the date 1877and makers stamps andrew handyside co.
Catalogue number sc 361950.